VENDOR WARNING Korean Auto Imports

HJC4

VENDOR WARNING Korean Auto Imports

Post  on 4/15/2011, 6:13 pm

BEWARE OF KOREN AUTO IMPORTS In March I ordered a S.S. Chrome metal lower level door trim for a 2011 Sonata. What I received was Chromed plastic trim piece. ( They subsequently changed the web site to read chrome plastic trim)

My Son thought he would do me a favor and mounted this trim before I got home. I called their U.S. representative Sherwood automotive to advise them that their description was wrong and I wasn’t happy. They offered me a $20.00 credit against another purchase and said they could not issue me a credit against my credit card because they changed companies who handle these transactions.
    I decided to use this credit for another purchase a graphite overlay for the door switch panels ($59.95) For a 2011 Sonata. Received the overlays and guess what they did not match the cut outs for the 2011 Sonata. Called again and gave them the information on what was wrong about the fit. They said I was wrong and all they would do is give me RMA # and would deduct a 20% restocking fee and I would have to pay postage to return their error. Oh but now I could a refund check…… they didn’t offer that before.
    DO YOU WANT TO DEAL WITH COMPANY LIKE THIS? I’ve learned my lesson “A word to the wise should be sufficient”

justinhallwilmnc
    Forum Member
    Forum Member

Current Car: Hyundai Sonata 2.0T, 2011

Re: VENDOR WARNING Korean Auto Imports

Post  on 4/26/2011, 10:18 pm

I had a similar experience with this horrible company! I ordered the LED Dome light conversion kit. The kit on the site stated it was direct plug in and NO CUSTOMIZING NEEDED!!! Well I decided to order them, but before I ordered I called them and asked if it would work with my model vehicle, they said yes that it would be fine. Well after waiting 2 weeks to get them, as soon as I opened the LED Kit it read on the packaging.. SUNROOF MODEL ONLY! Now mind you, I called and told them and asked them over and over again if it would work and again they said yes. Needless to say I never attempted to install them, I simply called them and asked if I could return them. KoreanautoImports said I could, only if I paid shipping, and that my return would be a gift card/ certificate form. Well I have yet to receive a gift card or anything for that matter. I know they received it because it was being tracked!

I WILL USE SHARKRACING.COM NEVER AGAIN WILL I USE KOREANAUTOIMPORTS!!!!

HJC4

Re: VENDOR WARNING Korean Auto Imports

Post  on 4/27/2011, 8:37 am

Hi Justin
    Sorry you had a problem with KAI. I assume you paid by credit card so just call the credit card company and issue a complaint against KAI ( Sherwwod Automotive). They will credit you back until they check into your dispute. I checked with the Better Business in Arizona and they (KAI) received a "F" rating. I can't believe how bad they are to deal with

grajr1952
    Forum Member
    Forum Member

No Trouble Here

Post  on 4/28/2011, 5:32 pm

I have ordered and received numerous items from Sherwood Automotive, i.e. Korean Auto Imports, and have had no problems. I hope the issues you posted are isolated and they are corrected for you.

Current date/time is 12/22/2014, 3:27 pm